2/02/2012

I could have danced all night

I wish I could share with you all how happy I am about this past CHA. It went great and it seems that almost everyone likes my new collection. Which is such a relief. I was so nervous and I tried to stay out of the booth a lot. This was because I was trying to keep my mind off of it and to not over think it... as I ALWAYS do. Really ya'll I was SO nervous. I have been dreaming of this week for a whole year and what if others hated it? What if it didn't sell and it wasn't on trend?

I'm still not 100% sure how it sold, but I did see a few order forms here and there and I had so many amazing and kind things said about it. I'm truly humbled by friendships and support. A lot of designer friends gave me such great advice and it helped me breath through it all.

This year I had a hotel so I didn't have to drive back and forth each day {45 mins each way}. That was so darn nice. I roomed with the best roomy ever! Heidi Van Laar and I laughed late into the night and even  in the early morning hours and.... also in the toasty hot tub.

Photobucket

My sweet and beautiful niece Abbie stayed with us for 1 of the nights. It was fun having her at the show and seeing her learn the hoops of the scrappy world. I felt like the proudest auntie ever. This was a layout I did at the Anna Griffin Booth and Abbie LOVED seeing it blown up big. She wanted to take it home with her. haha

Photobucket

I went out to dinner with some great people for a few different nights and again laughed and laughed :) I'm sure I gained a million pounds and I'm okay with it this month. The food was so good!

Photobucket

The booth set up was so much fun. I've been dreaming up that dang thing for months... well honestly more like almost a year. I'm a bit of an over planner, but it worked out great and everything went up with perfection.

Photobucket

When it was all done, Heidi Van Laar and I were beat! The booth all came down super fast and we shared a delicious apple pie candy apple from Downtown Disney. It was the best $9.00 spent! Heidi thought I was crazy for spending that much until her mouth took a bite and then she understood my craziness. Words can not explain how good they are.

I could write so much more, but this it getting a little long and so I'll stop my dream come true week. 100% hands down... I love Heidi Van Laar and she is the best roomy! I ate the yummiest food and made many new wonderful friends over this past 7 days! I had so much going on in my life during CHA week and yet I got everything done on my list {more posts to come later about that}. I was over the moon happy to have a bathroom right by the GCD's booth, because I pee more then anyone else I know. And last, I'm now working on our next collection and I'm feeling super confident with it. So shh... keep it a secret :)

I could have danced all night and I sure did talk Mr. Sonboul's ear off  when I got home last night.
Thanks again for all your support and for those of you following this blog.

Bye, bye birdies.

Pin It!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

I am glad you had a good time and your new collection is a huge success!!! That is so wonderful!!! Way to go, Heidi!

Cindy deRosier said...

Great to hear you had a wonderful time at CHA! I knew your collection would be a hit. :)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

I really enjoyed meeting you and Abbie! The booth was adorable too!

cnelson said...

So glad to hear it all went FABULOUSLY! I KNEW your new collection would be a hit!

Emilie said...

I wish you had talked MY ear off last night.
Sad face.

The Ark said...

We are soooooo very proud of you and your accomplishment with your line of scrapbooking. You are awesome and very creative! Love, Dad and Mom

Nicole said...

I'm so proud of you, the booth looked AMAZING!!

Aimee Maddern said...

OMG I took that pic of the 2 Heidi's!
Thanks so much for having me at dinner
Aimee

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

I saw your collection in person at the show and LOVED it!! So very very pretty!! I'm glad you had a wonderful time :)

Unknown said...

And YOU were the best roomie I could have ever asked for! Loved spending my 1st CHA with you!!