1/10/2012

Paper Hearts - Yet Another Fun Valentine's DIY

Photobucket
I'm having the best time celebrating Valentine's Day this year. I'm kinds getting a jump on it and I'm celebrating it in January. Who knows maybe I'll do this every year. 
Valentine's Day is a big deal in my family, because it's Dad's Birthday.

This year we are planning something special for him. Shh... don't tell him 
That post will come later, but for now let's have a crafty post.

I was up really late the other day and I came across this frame. I took out the glass and placed this happy polka dot paper in it. Then I printed up on white cardstock "Love One Another - Year Round" and matted it on a vintage blue cardstock. I am diggin on Blue and pink for Valentine's Day this year, so much!

Once I had that all in place I started to cut out a lot of little hearts from Oh Happy Day. I used pop dots to give the hearts a 3D effect. When placing down my hearts I formed them in the shape of a big heart. 

Cutting tiny hearts was taking too long... so I used these little ladies I found at my local craft store.

Photobucket

There you have it. It's that easy. 
Time: 35
Cost: 
Frame $1.oo
Paper $3.oo
Little Heats: $3.oo
Ground Total = $7.oo
:)

Pin It!

5 comments:

cnelson said...

LOVE this!!

Nicole Martel said...

oh what a lovely card!!! I heart it!! :)

Nicole Martel said...

oh what a lovely card!!! I heart it!! :)

Tessa Buys said...

I'm totally going to copy this! Thanks for the inspiration!

Dawnll said...

I love this idea!!! This is so cute and doable