1/01/2012

Do you like my party hat?

Photobucket
Having kids makes it really hard to celebrate New Years as the rest of the world does. This year for the first time I promised the boys they could stay up for it, which is a BIG commitment for me. Our boys are ALWAYS in bed at 7pm and are asleep at 7:30/8pm. I told them that I would let this take place..."IF" they helped us clean the house from 8am-5pm. Once we had them agreeing (I don't know what kid wouldn't ;) haha) we went to work on this list. I admit it... this was a little "Cinderella-ish" , but they make 80% of the mess in this home so darn it... they are helping!

Photobucket

Now you can tell that I'm a bit of a spaz about cleaning and I like to be organized. I find that it helps get more things done, instead of losing out on projects in between. I know this makes me look like I get high off of 409. I promise I don't. I just love things cleaned for the new year. I'm happy to say that we got most of the stuff on this list done. The others I can finish tomorrow and throughout this new week. Anyways, enough about cleaning.

The boys loved being able to stay up and Bradley was so excited to hear about leap year. I started to think that Calvin was going to give out at 9pm, but having a late dinner helped him get to 11:30pm. That last 30mins was all dancing like mad people-teaching the boys how to do the worm, playing games (Blokus - our new favorite game) and making noise. As soon as the ball went down, the boys headed off to bed. They fell asleep so fast that it has to be a record for them.
Photobucket

Tomorrow we will watch the Rose Parade and eat a yummy breakfast.
Alrighty, that is it for today. I hope you all had a great night and kissed the person you loved. We did this with the 4 of us :)
Photobucket
It was actually really sweet and I wish I got a picture of it.  Maybe next year.
Tomorrow I'll be back with a new layout using American Crafts ;)
It's a post about my revamped scrappy style.
See you then

The End


Pin It!

No comments: