5/26/2011

I feel so grateful...



That my sister's family is okay!

That they made it through all the tornadoes in Joplin/Carl Junction

That my nephew is a hero and an example and saved an elderly women's life!

That my sister and nephew found shelter, during the overly scary tornado that ripped up their town!

That even though the church building is destroyed, no one got really hurt that was in it!

That they also made it through the big storm that hit on Tuesday!

That the weather channel allowed us to track their progress.

That my sister still has a home.


This past few days has been a ruff one for our family and all the people in Joplin. My sister said that "It's so much worst than what they are showing and it looks like a war zone!".


I feel like a bit of an oxymoron! My heart is breaking for their loss, but it's full because my sister's family is okay. We almost lost them and we are so lucky that they are all okay.


I LOVE YOU TAMMY,GUIDO, FRANKIE,ALICIA,SAVANNAH, AND HUNTER!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!

If you can, please help the people of Joplin. They have so much to rebuild and any help "WILL" help. If you are LDS, you can give on your tithing slip. On the subject that says "Other" write next to it "For Joplin MO".


Thanks to all our friends that prayed for my sisters family and all the people of Joplin.

~H

Pin It!

7 comments:

Sarah Mullanix said...

My heart goes out to all of those in Joplin and all of the other locations that have been hit by such severe weather....I'm so glad to hear your family is safe.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

We live in Springfield and often travel to Joplin for a day of fun. Our hearts brake as we listen to the heartbreaking news coming from there. I am so glad your sister and her family are safe. Continued prayers for the people of Joplin. Twyla

Sandi Smith said...

Wow Heidi...so glad to hear that your sister and her family are safe but sad for the ordeal these people are going through.

cnelson said...

Big Hugs to YOU and YOUR family! What a horribly scary time! I am so glad they are ok. My heart and prayers go out to all those affected by the tornadoes this year.

Anita Rex said...

Oh wow so happy for your sister too. I can't imagine how hard those days were for you! Praise God that they are safe! :>

Rebecca Keppel said...

thinking of you all and so glad to hear that they are safe.

Leslie said...

I'm rooting for Oct 31st too! I think a Halloween baby would be tons of fun but Adam says "well my sister was born on Oct 31st and she really did come out a witch so I hope the baby comes on a different day". Then of course he laughed and said he was kidding :)