4/02/2009

It is personal!

"IF" you're a wasp/bee lover... this is not the post for you!

Last night I went out to the store and on the way, I noticed something right next to our front door. A WASP was building a home! Yes, Mother Nature is beautiful and yes, I love all of God's creatures... but I have a big fear of WASPS and BEES! I enjoy their bright yellow colors with blacks, but I don't enjoy what they might do to me lol.


This morning I took this photo (to remember how hard this wasp worked to build his home) and I took the Raid and sprayed the wasp. Yes, it is personal! I hate Wasps and bees! I had this mean cousin who once caught a wasp in his hands, walked over to me... and threw it on me. From that moment I HATED wasps and bees. If only this wasp could have made his home somewhere else, I wouldn't be a wasp killer this day! But, he did what he did and I did what I needed to do!

Sadly the wasp died this morning, but it had to be done! Rest in peace little scary wasp and let it be a lesson for the rest of you! My home, is not your home!

Pin It!

5 comments:

Unused Account said...

I love that you took a picture to remind us all of teh mriacles of nature and then killed that sucker with man-made poison!

Lydia Siegel said...

I hate them too. More so bees. My hubby gets a reactions to a bee sting and we had to remove our flowers shrubs that were by our front door and the wallk way. So I know how you feel.

Anonymous said...

I had a huge one on my house last year. It was in the eves and I was afraid to kill it. I'm a chicken and I'm not married so....I had to buck up :-)

~Lori Roop said...

What a fun post Heidi! And you're right. They have their place! And it's not by your front door! :D
I don't like those things in my space eiter. Ouch! They carry a MEAN sting!!

BTW....Great job today!! TY for such a memorable experience! You made my day! I'll be talkin' to you.

~Lori R

Sarah said...

What a beautiful blog! Gorgeous photo - even if he HAD to go - wasps need better engineers to decided where to build their houses!