2/14/2013

I had a thought...

For years I've been worried about posting full body shots on this blog and on FB. The facts are, motherhood and stress have filled me out in the middle and then some. Yes... I'm still working on my weight loss journey and I long to put on a size 10 again, but why should I hide who I am right now?

I often do my head shots from the chest up, but never any full body shots and I know I'm not the only one out there who does this! I have gone to CHA for 6 years in a row. Every time I go and meet someone new, I think "Oh she looks NOTHING like her avatar". This might be a little harsh, but it's the truth and I'm positive others have thought it about me. Even though the scrapbook world is a WOMEN'S industry, we hide our weight from each other and those "long time online friends" are just as heavy. We feel the need to make comments about ourselves when meeting face to face, almost apologizing for not sharing our real size. It's Crazy! I'm not calling out all my fassy sistas, but I am going to personally put a stop to it on my end (no pun intended. haha).

Maybe it's the "Aleida Challenge" helping me grow inside or maybe it's me wanting a change. I just know that I want to be me and I am REALLY HAPPY being me. I am a Chubby mama who gives the best hugs and loves anyone who needs me. I dress darling for my size and I enjoy fashion. So moving forward I am taking a stand. I will no longer crops out my chubby arms or thighs. I will share my fashion likes and I will post a LOT more photos.

Tomorrow I'm doing the cover shoot for my book and I'm so excited. I have put together a few adorable outfits and my hair will be light brown (Thanks for all the comments on that post). Do I wish I was thinner for the cover? Sure I do, but this is who I am and I love me! I love knowing that I will be representing all the chubby scrappers out there. We are the majority and those other talented gals on the covers make use question our size. Again, don't get me wrong... I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE GIRLS, but I will never be Amy, Kelly, or Lizzy's size! My body was not made to be that size and it's okay.

Photobucket

So long story short... moving forward... I am embracing my size and am going to share it all on my blog. I guess this post is me celebrating Valentine's Day in a new way. I am loving me and encouraging you to do the same. Stay tuned for more photos and Happy Birthday Dad ;)

Pin It!

11 comments:

Lou said...

great post...brilliant photo.you are so right...i'm guilty of being selective with the photos i post.

Christina Collins said...

This is such an inspiring post. I also am not a big fan of full body pictures. My avatar on my blog makes it look like I'm skinny but it's a tight fit in these size 15 jeans. =/ I've been working on my weight loss but it gets really hard sometimes. My husband has told me he loves me for who I am and thinks I'm beautiful which is great but I just want to be healthy! I love colorful cardigans and dress pretty well for a chubby girl. (Let's be honest - clothes are hard to find in larger sizes! I've made it a point to assume that's because there are more chubby girls out there then skinny girls, lol). All in all - just keep in mind that you are SO beautiful! As much as I love all of the scrappy girls out there - there are several that portray their life as peachy perfect. Nothing in this world is perfect! Pardon the 90's slang but you "keep it real". I admire you so much and feel like I can relate to you on so many levels! Just remember to stay healthy and forget the rest. Beauty comes in many shapes, sizes, and colors!

Unknown said...

Amen!

Cindy deRosier said...

Good for you! Have a great time with the cover shoot.

LISA said...

Heidi, just remember doll, the most beautiful curve on a womans body is her smile... And you do have a great smile!! Yes I have shown full body shots online. I never reached 5 feet tall, I'm tiny (in some spots)and although I have always maintained a decent size (good genes)It was only until I was in my 40's that I became comfortable with the whole package. But to this day, I have never been fond of my complexion. Bad acne left lots of little scars on my face, Age(I am 51) has left some laugh lines (I refuse to say wrinkles!!) so yes, I am guilty of beautifying my Avitars with a little Photoshop magic. So embrace the "real you", because in the end, that's who everyone loves!! Nothing wrong with a little junk in the trunk (of which I have a bit of!!) ♥ ♥ ♥ Hugs, Lisa

Leslie said...

Read this article...

http://myfriendteresablog.com/so-youre-feeling-too-fat-to-be-photographed/

Perhaps nobody else really is judging you as much as you think...Which they aren't

val said...

Hi heidi! Val here! you friend from Mall of america (door holder from 2 years ago)! I read your blog alot but do not comment much, sorry! I just wanted to say how encouraging your weight loss journey has been and that as of 2-9 Im in weight watchers also. I was only down 1.6 week one but Im still motivated even after almost puking from 10 mins on the treadmill. I DO NOT EXERCISE EVER! So I am making progress already slowly but surely. SO thanks for giving me the extra motivation I needed to take the plunge and get healthy! and we will now even have a before photo together from that day at MOA!! And I dont even feel bad about the way I look in that photo cause it was such a cool moment with you and I'm moving forward with being healthy and not dwelling on the past! So again thanks! Thank you so much! http://allthingschula.com/2010/09/scrapfest-2010.html

Unknown said...

I think you're beautiful inside and out. :)

Emilie LaCokine said...

Hello Heidi,

I've been particularly touched by this last post of yours. I do the same thing as you do. Only head shots and taken from above so my face looks thinner. I wanted to applaud your initiative. I am starting myself a new therapy based on accepting my body as it is and have a better ''relationship'' with food. Hopefully those two things combine will help be go more out there, eat less and better and enjoy myself like I am. I have never accepted my body as it in my entire life even when I was not overweight. Now that I am overweight I have bitter regrets for all those years where I should have enjoy my physical self. I'll try to do better from now on.

Thank you for sharing.

Emilie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nicole said...

I cant wait to see your book!