2/16/2012

vroom...vroom...

Photobucket

It was our very first Pinewood Derby and oh yes... Bradley came in 2nd place. Who knew that this night would be just amazingly fun and filled with cheers all around. Car after car Bradley's car zoomed into first place. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then he raced against the other fastest car. It was so close and the other car truly won by 1inch ahead. They even raced it more than once just to make sure. Even though we didn't get first place, we were just fine with it. Bradley showed such support for the winner. This boy of ours is one amazing kid. That night as we drove home we talked about how we would win next year and just enjoyed being a family.

Pin It!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

The other day Adam said, I can't wait til Zach's old enough to do a pinewood derby. I guess it's a dad thing :)

The Sonboul's said...

It totally is! haha

Diana Waite said...

WOW that is AWESOME! Brings back SURPRISING memories of last year--both my boys were in the derby (one was a first the other the last) ANYWAY, it got down to the end just like that and my boys took 1st (my oldest)& 2nd (my youngest)! I almost couldn't watch--so funny all those grown men trying to figure out how to make their cars faster! :) The pressure is on for my hubby from my youngest--he wants to be first! :)

wendipooh13 said...

way to go Bradley on your car!!! and yes, him and Sydney would make a CUTE couple!!!!

The Ark said...

Congratulations to Brad! Awesome job! Love Pappy and Nana

Deborah Mahnken said...

Ahh the pinewood derby. After four years we figured out (OK Tom did) that it's really all about the axles and weight distribution :) Congrats to Bradley on his first race!