1/07/2012

DIY Valentine's Day- Heart Treat Box

I love pretty much any holiday and I love finding new things to make for them.
Valentine's Day is around the corner and the other day I got to thinking about. I thought that "I should try and make a mini heart treat box" (cause that's what I do in my free time). I sat down with my new collection ;) and using just TWO pieces of paper. I was able to make this adorable box and after all... what's Valentine's Day without a box of Chocolates?!
So let's get started
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This whole thing took about 40 minutes to make. Most Heart boxes cost a pretty penny ($12-20) and I made this for the cost of Adhesive and two 12X12 sheets of paper.
Total Cost: under $3.oo

Next week I'll show you how I fill it with home made treats.

Pin It!

11 comments:

Trine Brandt-Lassen said...

Cute little box and great Way to use the scissor. LOVE your collection and huge congrats on it! How cool, huh? Your very own line of products...

Trine Brandt-Lassen said...

Cute little box and great Way to use the scissor. LOVE your collection and huge congrats on it! How cool, huh? Your very own line of products...

cnelson said...

Love it! FAB tutorial!!

Unknown said...

Clever, clever girl!

Emilie said...

Genius, dude. Genius.

Colleen said...

Adorable little box! Thanks for the tutorial. Can you tell us... approximately how big is the original heart you traced? Thanks!

Nicole Martel said...

Adorable box!! Love how you used your collection :)

The Sonboul's said...

The heart is about 4X5 inches.
I'll put up a template for it later this week :)

Unknown said...

Where did all the photos go?! I need reference points! I'd love to DIY something for my wife...although I fear I may have to keep something in reserve in the form of traditional Valentines chocolate to avoid penalties!

bingo card said...

Hi........

What a great sharing in this blog. O love this sharing. Thanks a lot for sharing for this great heart box.

Bingo Cards

Leslie said...

I just tried to make this tonight. After seeing my final result was a box on drugs I threw it away. Adam cracked up at how mis shapen it was. I tried:)